Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
I’ve had SO many requests for my Strawberry Shortcake Recipe from friends, I’ve decided you guys just need to have this deliciousness in your home ASAP! It’s kind of just thrown together in a bowl, but I think I’ve ironed out a close recipe. Enjoy!
- 5c of strawberries (hulled and sliced)
- 1 1/2c sugar
- 2c flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2c shortening
- 1 egg
- 2/3c milk
- 1/2c melted butter
Whipped Cream Topping
- about 2c heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Wash, slice and toss the strawberries with 1 cup of sugar in large bowl and set aside.
- Stir the strawberries every few minutes to get them nice and juicy.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit and grease one 8-inch round cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, 4 Tbsp of sugar, and salt.
- Cut in the shortening slowly until you get a nice crumbly mixture.
- Make a well in the center and add the egg.
- Stir slowly until all the ingredients are moistened. If the batter is too sticky, add just a little flour.
- Add batter to prepared cake pan and bake for about 15-18 minutes or just until it is a light golden color.
- Put on a wire rack and let cool partially. After a few minutes, remove cake and slice in half horizontally with a serrated knife.
- Pour 1/4 cup of melted butter on each half (on the inside, not on top) and sprinkle with remaining 4 Tbsp of sugar.
Whipped Cream Topping
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream until stiff peaks are about to form.
- Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla until peaks form (Don’t overbeat or the cream will start to look like cottage cheese and won’t look soft and velvety).
- Layer 2 cups of strawberries over bottom half of cake.
- Add half of the whipped cream on top.
- Place the other half of the cake on top of that and then finish by topping it all with the remaining whipped cream and strawberries.
Glucocorticoids are produced by the body itself (adrenal cortex), but sometimes their production https://canadiantoprx.com/buy-nolvadex-online-cheap/ is disturbed for any reason. Taking medications allows you to make up for the deficiency of this substance, which is necessary for normal life. In other cases, prednisone is prescribed as an effective immunosuppressive, antitoxic, anti-inflammatory (to relieve edema), antiallergic and antishock agents.