It’s no secret that I prefer sugar to all other food sources on this planet. Give me cake or pie any day and we’ll be instant best friends. Today’s post comes from cute baker Lizzy who writes Lizzy Pancakes!
- 2 cups finely crushed pretzel sticks
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons plus 1 tsp. strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together first 3 ingredients; firmly press on bottom, up sides, and onto lip of a lightly greased 10-inch pie plate. Bake the curst 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let it cool on a wire rack for ten minutes or so.
- Process strawberries in a blender or food processor until finely chopped.
- Beat condensed milk and cream cheese and strawberry gelatin at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the blended strawberries; beat at low speed just until blended.
- Beat 3/4 cup whipping cream at high speed until soft peaks form; gently fold whipped cream into strawberry mixture until there is no color variation. Spoon into prepared crust. Cover and freeze 8 to 12 hours or until firm.
- Make the remainder of the cream and sugar into whip cream and top your pie. Add some sliced strawberries for garnish and that’s it!
The only step left is to share with friends and watch as your popularity soars. I’m serious. It’s science. Go try it, you’ll see.