Happy holidays and holy stockings! We’re a week away from Christmas, folks! ONE WEEK! Now, I’m getting into the holiday spirit. It’s taken me some time, but the stockings are hung and the mantel is decorated and the toffee has been made and
devoured delivered. In years past, we’ve had really gorgeous stockings that I didn’t want anyone to touch because they were expensive and gorgeous and, therefore, couldn’t handle the fingerprints. Now that I have a Vita , I’m a little more lax about those kinds of things. We decided to forego the fancy stockings for some sweet homemade ones that I know I’ll cherish every year from here on out. They’re decorated with tinsel for the names. I call it tinsel typography! And you, too, can make your own tinsel typography Christmas stockings!
To make your own tinsel typography Christmas stockings you’ll need:
- stockings (found at the dollar store. huzzah.)
- white marker
- hot glue gun
- any other embellishments like pom poms, and ribbon
It’s so easy!
1. Write out your names in white marker.
2. Attach the tinsel to the words with hot glue.
3. Trim the excess tinsel and decorate the tops of each stocking as you see fit!
4. Hang on your mantel and then go attend that Egg Nog Keg Party you’ve been trying to get to.
I honestly love how they turned out!
I kind of get all weepy every time I look at our mantel. I’m just so filled with Christmas joy, you guys. I’m a Christmas SAP, that’s what.
I’m definitely saving these to hang every year. And can’t wait until we can keep adding more! (That was not a holiday pregnancy announcement.)
Click here to see more holiday projects from our holiday series, Mission: Merry!
To see more DIY projects, click right here!
photography: all photos by The Proper Pinwheel