I go through periods where I’m crazy about color and others where I like everything simple and monochromatic. I’m currently living in one of my “COLOR-OBSESSED” periods and can’t stop dyeing every random fabric I get my hands on. I thought it only natural to roundup and share with you a few of my favorite colorful fabric dyeing projects that you should absolutely try your hand at!
1. Last year, I welcomed the school season by making this rainbow watercolor backpack for the folks over at Momtastic! It’s safe to say that I’m obsessed with school supplies and was so ecstatic when Vita started pre-k this year! (ack!) DIY Rainbow Watercolor Backpack
2. You should know that I was never a super girl who loved pink growing up. Tomboy all the way. And now I’m making up for lost time and loving all the pink stuff! DIY Pink Faux Sheepskin Rug via Paper & Stitch
3. It’s warm around the clock here in sunny AZ and I’m thinkin’ we might need this hammock in our backyard! DIY Rainbow Hammock via Studio DIY
4. Maybe I’m a bit of a mom-freak and wanted to make matching socks for Miss V & me. Who doesn’t want to match their toddler?! Right? RIGHT?! Check out this tutorial that I shared over on Momtastic! DIY Tie Dye Socks
5. Don’t let summer go. Wishing I had this beach blanket with me in Hawaii right now! DIY Round Shibori Beach Blanket via Drawn To DIY
6. We love all-things-Shibori and these placemats would be perfect for an alfresco dinner party that you’ve been meaning to have. DIY Shibori Placemats via Lovely Indeed
7. Add a little color to your bathroom with the soap! THE SOAP! Tie Dye Soap via A Beautiful Mess
8. Again. Pink is life. DIY Pink Shibori Pillow via The Crafted Life
Have you ever dyed anything? We’re on a bit of a Rit Dye kick over here and I may need an intervention…
I love these picks. That rainbow hammock is so amazing! Do you know if the color will rub onto clothes?